Time to learn Kokomo by the “Beach Boys,” on the Ukulele. This chord progression has a lot of really cool things going on. The I chord (C) goes to a Imaj7 (Cmaj7) to get a really nice island breeze type of vibe and the IV chord (F) moves to a iv (Fm) which was a classic trick of guys at the time, something you will see the Beatles and David Bowie do a lot of us well. They also have a vm7 (Gm7) and a V7 (G7) in the same song! Crazy! Making it a lot of fun to play and a lot of fun to sing on Ukulele. This is just a great Ukulele song, and we are going to teach you how to play Kokomo on the Ukulele in under 10 minutes! Have fun and keep on learning on playing Ukulele.
Here’s a tutorial of one of my favorite song from The Fault In Our Stars soundtrack, All I Want. It’s very powerful, emotional, and beautiful played on the ukulele. ukuSean does a great job of walking us through the ukulele strumming patterns and ukulele chords. Happy strumming!
The World War l Ukulele Songbook offers “Grand Old Flag” and other ukulele songs from the World War I time period. Each of the ukulele songs in this ukulele song book have a chord chart for the first note of singing along with the ukulele chord chart for each of the chords in the song. The songs included are:
- This Land is Your Land Ukulele Chords
- Grand Old Flag Ukulele Chords
- K-K-K Katy Ukulele Chords
- It’s a long way to Tipperary Ukulele Chords
- Whispering Ukulele Chords
- How You Gonna Keep ‘Em Down On the Farm Ukulele Chords
- Over There Ukulele Chords
- Take Me Out to the Ballgame Ukulele Chords
- Mademoiselle from Armentieres Ukulele Chords
- By the light of the Silvery Moon Ukulele Chords
- Yankee Doodle Boy Ukulele Chords
Photo courtesy of Kyle Pearson